Friday 24 February 2012

Stella's Stunning Style

Hi everyone! Time for another post where I get to announce this week's featured artist :) Over the next few days we have the honor of sharing cards made by the talented Stella! Let's get started with her:
Name: Stella Schenkel


Tell us a little something about yourself? 
Hi! I am Stella Schenkel, 47 years old, happily married for 26 years and mother of two grown up sons (24 and 21 years old) and I live in Groningen in the northern part of the Netherlands (Europe) 


When and how did you start card making? 
In 2009; and hooked ever since :)


When would you say you are most creative? 
In the evenings when I am home from work. 


What is your favorite technique? 
Stamping ; especially background stamping 


Do trends inspire your creative process? 
Yes; but I tend to stick to classic patterns :) 


Is there something about paper crafting you find challenging?
I always try to make something unique; I hardly make the same card twice 


If you were stuck on a deserted Island, what THREE paper crafting supplies would you HAVE to have with you? 
My stamps, ink and of course paper..


Is there a designer in the paper crafting industry that inspires you? If so, what about their style or technique calls your attention? 
I am a huge fan of Melissa Philips’ style. She always makes the perfect mix and match of stamping, papers and embellishments 


How would you describe your own style? 
Feminine and romantic. 


How long would you say it takes you to complete a card or project? 
Geesh; I often spend too much time picking stamps, papers and embellishments. A card ususally takes me 1 ½ hour ( I know; that’s too long...) 


Do you have a favorite occasion to create for? 
I love birthday and ”thinking of you” cards 


When you are finished with your creations what do you do with them? 
I usually send them to someone and sometimes I make a few for someone so they can send them to someone. 


Are you on any Design Teams or have served on any in the past? Please include guest design positions? 
I’ve been a Guest designer at CR84FN in February 2011 and a Guest designer at CCCB  in October 2011


See these stunners!!!








Stella's cards are always exquisite, and these made me gasp! No need to elaborate I guess, I'm sure you'll agree that these are overwhelming creations and perfect interpretations of Stella's style!!! Thanks sweetie for inspiring us and thanks to all who popped by :) See you soon,,,,


12 comments:

Ros said...

I'm a proud owner of a few of Stella's cards ... like her they are unique and lovely!

Michelle said...

Stella is a fabulous card maker and such a kind person! Love to visit her blog and see her beautiful card!

Suzie McFloozy said...

So glad you have showcased one of my fav' crafty bloggers - I love Stella's gentle cardmaking style x

Deborah Frings said...

Great to see Stella being showcased - her cards are so pretty!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Stella, congratulations on being featured!! It's no wonder: your style is unique and soft and all its own. I adore the cards you chose to feature here! They are truly stunning.

~Tammy~ said...

Stella is sensational! She has an amazing gift to piece together such beautiful papers, images, and treasures!

Blossom inch said...

absolutely beautiful...lovely

Unknown said...

How wonderful to feature Stella! She's a remarkably sweet person who has a truly romantic style!

Sue Lelli said...

Whoo! Hoo! Stella is the BEST! Not only does she make such Beautiful and romantic cards but she is one of the kindest and sweetest bloggers out there! Any recognition for Stella is well deserved!

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous Stella...love your style

Stella said...

Oh my all these sweet and heartwarming comments; you make me blush!
XX

Mallika said...

such fab cards ,, loved her styles totally
plz visit my blog too
hugs
mallika
www.missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.in

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)